Your browser is outdated!
To ensure you have the best experience and security possible, update your browser. Update now
Accomplished global executive led and developed a range of diverse and complex pharma sector businesses with proven sales, marketing, market access, commercial operations, strategic planning, portfolio strategy and business development track record of success on both inline and pipeline assets for large, complex organizations globally.
Courageous and decisive P&L business leader with proven track record of achieving aspirational organizational objectives having profitably turned around an under-performing businesses exceeding goals consistently.
Influential business leader having led and contributed to executive committees, strategic initiatives and global programs shaping and driving strategy for multinational organizations.
Insightful strategist and change agent having overcome resistance and gained buy-in to successfully execute key strategic initiatives.
Passionate customer advocate skilled at balancing both internal and external priorities having eliminated barriers to access in various markets around the globe.
Strategic partner skilled at influencing and collaborating with global, region and local networks across a complex, matrix structure capable of establishing sponsorship and consensus under highly resistant and challenging conditions.
Authentic leader with a proven track record of building, investing in and empowering teams.
to September 2013
- Led the new product planning team responsible for early oncology assets' development strategies to maximize probability of technical and commercial success
- Developed Region Europe registration strategy for LDK378 lead indication (ALK+ NSCLC), in collaboration with Global, and conducted commercial assessment for corporate strategic investment decisions to go to registration directly based on phase I leading Pan-European Go to Market Commercialization Platform with a special focus on CDx
- Leading the creation of a European biotech business of personalized cell therapies within Novartis Oncology. The first launch will be an Antigen Specific Hunter Cell comprised of autologous T-cells that have been reprogrammed to attack cells expressing the protein CD19. The goal is to permanently eradicate b-cell based leukemias (ALL, CLL and several types of lymphomas)
- Led trial recruitment accelration task forces for key pivotal trials including GOLD, BALLET, PANORAMA, BOLT, etc..
- Created EU competitive pipeline framework, to provide actionable insights into commercialization strategy of new compounds
- Led the SSC “Strategic Scientific Committee” initiative and organized 4 meetings over 18 months to obtain external expert advice on key development issues of NVS portfolio
- Led the Breast Cancer, Renal Carcinoma, Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Lung Cancer, Basal Cell Carcinoma, Melanoma disease area strategy groups in preparation of the various NVS pipeline launches and strategic positioning with post launch clinical development programs
- Led and participated in half a dozen in-licensing and out-licensing projects, including both assets as well as small to medium biotech companies
- Conducted a pipeline competitive analysis in 40 targeted disease areas deemed most profitable to achieved a breakthrough in methodology to make it possible for cross disease area comparison and hence strategic guidance NVS R&D and in-licensing efforts